The second and final installment of the Temporary Retention Incentive for Nurses will be deposited on September 23, 2022.
Part-time, casual and temporary/contract staff employed through St Joe’s
- Staff may receive payment up to $2,500 provided they continue employment on September 1, 2022
- Will relate to hours worked between: March 20, 2022 and Apr 22, 2022
Nurses on a Legislative Leave of Absence
Payment will be made to eligible staff following their return to work.
Temporary Retention Incentive for Nurses Payment and Statutory Deductions
An important reminder to all full-time and part-time nurses who receive a Temporary Retention Incentive for Nurses payment. The following provisions apply:
- Payments are non-pensionable (except for CPP contributions)
- Are not part of an employee’s base salary
- Have no impact on benefits paid by employers
- Are subject to regular deductions and remittances such as: CPP (Canada Pension Plan), EI (Employment Insurance), WSIB (Workplace Safety and Insurance Board) and EHT (Employer Health Tax).
For more information about the Temporary Retention Incentive for Nurses Program and an FAQ, click here* to visit the MyStJoes page.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.